Intern, Energy Efficiency Programme – Job Description
The European Climate Foundation’s Energy Efficiency Programme is offering an internship for six months – possibly extendible to 12 – starting in early February 2013. The selected candidate will be based in The Hague and will work closely and actively with the team on a range of tasks:
- Support to the team’s grant-making activities: managing relationships with grantees and grant-seekers; reviewing grantee proposals; evaluating grantee reports.
- Research on energy-efficiency related subjects and monitoring of relevant legislative developments.
- Support to other team activities: drafting reports, presentations and internal documents; monitoring media for articles of interest to the team and the broader organisation.
- General administrative support, including organising meetings, travel logistics, etc.
The ideal candidate should embody the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Relevant work experience or academic background in the fields of energy, climate, environment or public policy.
- Demonstrated interest in the mission and values of the European Climate Foundation. A particular understanding of and interest in energy efficiency will be particularly valued.
- Superior written and verbal English skills. Other languages an asset.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be a creative problem-solver.
- Excellent attention to detail. Ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure, and to actively generate and implement ideas for programme and office improvement.
- Strong administrative and computer skills (PowerPoint, Microsoft, Excel), Experience with Mac is an asset.
- Enthusiastic personality; sense of humour.
We offer an intellectually challenging position with great possibilities for professional development and an excellent work atmosphere.
Start date: interviews will take place in the second half of December in The Hague. Work will start as soon as possible after that.
Duration: six months, extendible to 12 for the right candidate.
Compensation: similar to that of internships in European institutions (Commission, Council and Parliament).
Workplace: The Hague, Netherlands. (Candidates must be in possession of work permit for The Netherlands in case applicable.)
no later than Friday, December 6, 2013. Please type the position and your last, first name as the subject line of your email.